Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What my son will never see...

We’ve just taken ownership of Julie’s “new car”. It’s a 2005 Saturn and one thing we noticed was there was no cigarette lighter. Something I had taken for granted in every car I’ve really been in, even though I don’t smoke.


This got me thinking - what items would my son, now 4 years old, never experience in his day-to-day life that I took for granted.


So I started this list. Anyone have anything else?



  • car cigarette lighters

  • audio tapes

  • video tapes

  • rotary phones (and possibly land lines too)

  • TV static (all TV’s are due to go digital in 2009)

  • longwave radio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim and I thought we'd add pay telephones, but does that fall under your "landline" note? We're trying to think of more. :)